Thursday, February 11, 2010

When My Power Goes Out At Four in the Afternoon and Comes Back at 1:45 In the Morning.

What the heck, yo. I'm just peacefully using my computer on my free day off from school. Everything is great, I have raspberry green iced tea, I'm comfy, the temperature in my room was perfect. Just having a good ol' time. Then, all of a sudden, I hear BAM. Then, what happens? NO POWER BRO.

Now, I was obviously quite confused. It's not everyday you hear a bam followed by no power. So, I put on three more pairs of pajama pants, three pairs of socks, boots,jacket, and head outside. I notice a truck up the street. "Oh goodie!" I thought "They're already working on fixing it. This shouldn't take too long."

Walking up to see what was wrong, what did I see when I got up there? A giant ass branch lying on the ground, pressing down wires, while I see a quite destroyed transformer. Yep. Because of a damn TREE, I was without power. DFHDGHEGBNJB TREES. WHAT HAVE THEY EVER DONE FOR ME? NOTHING, THAT'S WHAT. NOTHING BUT CAUSE ME PAIN.

So I talked to the people up there about what had happened. They told me pretty obvious things(Yeah, man, I didn't know it was a tree that caused it, I'm blind). Then, what did they tell me? My power wouldn't be back for a while, because THEY were not fixing it. They were blocking the area until the fixer people came. RAGE.

Fast forward a few hours later. I still have no power. Everyone in my house is going insane. My dad is reading The Divine Comedy aloud for no reason by candlelight. My brother is ranting about how miserable the day was. My sister was hiding under her blanket for hours. My mom was being her usual weird, annoying self. Meanwhile, I am trying to maintain my sanity by playing POKEMON and Golden Sun: The Lost Age while blasting Pink Floyd and Meatloaf.

This went on for a few more hours. Eventually, by 12 AM, most people went off to sleep, since we still had no power. It was bloody fucking cold in my house, due to no heating due to no power. There was little light except for what candles were set. People were STILL working on the power.

I decided to try to sleep as well, though I ended up playing more POKEMON/Golden Sun: The Lost Age. And listening to Pink Floyd/Meatloaf. Then, out of nowhere, my power came back on at 1:45. TOOK THEM FREAKIN' LONG ENOUGH, YO. I happily race downstairs and begin doing exactly what I had been doing before power went off for two hours.

Rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment